Writing is its own reward. – Henry Miller
Ever thought of writing your own story? Publishing your own book? Consider the 9 Steps to Writing Your First Book. A new author asked the question ….”I am having my first book signing, what should I do? Are there any tips or suggestions?” Experienced authors chimed in with several pointers that vociferously Churn. Here are excerpts:
Book Signing Tips
- Have fun
- Host it at a Bookstores or Restaurant
- Do a drawing for a special prize
- Promote on social media
- Text friends
- Decide on a default wording to sign books
- Show your enthusiasm to your guests
- Bring extra books and pens
- Don’t expect to sell a lot of books and you won’t be disappointed. It’s all about networking
- Bring a snack for yourself if you are not providing refreshments
- Bring candy/chocolates for attendees
- Have swag (bookmarks etc)
- Have Business cards with your amazon author page printed on it
- On the back of business cards say something like “book reviews are appreciated”
- Communicate with local TV & Radio stations via their FB page
- Be ready to answer questions about your book or any future books you’re creating
- Advertise in the community and give a discount during book signing
- talk with attendees and share your manuscript journey
- Get a friend to help with financial transaction
- Have a Tablecloth
- Ask people to send a FB Friend request which grows your followers
- Practice how you will sign the books
- Give a bookmark/ postcards with amazon book location for future purchases
- Take index cards and ask them to write their names on it. Avoids spelling errors in name endorsements
- Prepare what to Read for Reading Presentation
- Bring chip for Payment
- Have a large picture of the book cover and you on the table
- Include Book stands and racks for easy display and reading
- Invite a lot of people, don’t let them feel Betrayed
- Craft a signature for signing your books. Separate from your regular check signing signature
- Sign on the title page
- Take pictures with admirers
- Bring Cash to make change
- Don’t forget to get emails to build your list
- Arrive early for set up
- Relax and have fun!
Hope this helps.
Success is not always linear as many believe. Sometimes it takes patience, zeal, and resilience…the ability to never give up. The ability to keep going when life becomes Frantic and disappoints.
Jay Shetty’s video shares the likes of Morgan Freeman, Mark Cuban, J.K. Rowlin, Richard Branson and others who achieved success later in life.
Be Patient. Wait. The right time will come. Keep plodding. Like a Quartet, keep preparing until the opportunity rises.
Need help? Let’s connect
Have a new venture? Been planning and working hard at it and wondering whether you are going to be successful?
Express impacts shared thoughts on Signs that you are going to be successful. Of the seven, I like three. They are:
- You Focus on Finishing
- You are Always Learning
- Your Mind Never Stops
I always like to stress that you should maintain a network of people who are ahead of you. People who you can learn from. People who will force you to stretch yourself. Staying in a circle of friends who are your level will only restrict your own personal development. So stretch yourself.
That said, from the list above, which is your top fav? Which do you intend to work on?
Need help? Let’s connect
Don’t you just love it when things come together? Sure you do!
I recently came across my eVision board created 5 years ago. It was very satisfying to see that I had accomplished almost everything on the list. Some things included 2-4 year big and Micro goals for me and my girls.
As I reflected, it all came back to me. It was clear that dreams don’t come through unless we:
- Write them down
- Create a plan to achieve them
- Work, work, work ’em Goals
- Be resilient when the going gets tough
- Devise ways to maintain your motivation. That’s a must
- Reward yourself along the way as you progress
- Learn to breathe, mediate, pray
- Celebrate the final outcome
Years ago a Medical Director for a healthcare facility stressed that we must be sure to mark every milestone. I adopted that piece of advice and encourage you to do so too. It may be an anniversary, a birthday, or when a chapter comes together. All must be marked. In so doing we avoid being Inefficient to capture the saying that if we’re not measuring then we’re just practicing.
Dreams do come through if you work hard.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Love’s Faceless beauty evokes smiles that thrill the delights of family, friends, amidst foes.
Love you 💕💕
Love you today 💕
Love you tomorrow 💕
Loved you yesterday 💕
Will love you forever 💕💕
The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them. ~George Bernard Shaw
When Brian Tracy asked Entrepreneurs to share what they were most passionate about, one replied “nothing“. Tis sad. We all have something that we are good at. If you find that you are unable to identify your passion, seek help. You will find that life is more meaningful when you get the courage to go out and do what you have always wanted to do. Don’t just waste it and Wrinkle away.
As many other enthusiasts chimed into respond, here I share excerpts as they spoke about their passion.
- Better life
- Helping others
- Changing my life
- Latin American Dancing and wealth
- My Future
- Doing something I love to provide a better future for my family
- Being alive
- Learning new things and improving things in my life
- Financial Freedom
- My Dream
- Helping Suffering Children
- Giving Back
- Self improvement
- Helping others discover the possibilities around them
- My children
- Business Entrepreneurship, Cash, Money
- Speaking and changing the paradigms of humanity
- People and Music
- Preserving Classic Cars
- Adding Value to the World
- God and Goals
- People and places
- Making a Difference in the world
What are you most passionate about? Does any of the above resonate with you and Provoke a response? Do share!
In transition and wondering what to do in the next stage of your career? We have all been there and it can be a scary time. Here are 7 Captivating tips on what you can do as you decide to Grasp your next steps.
- Freelance. Do Gigs
- Work on your Personal Brand
- Learn a new Skill
- Attend networking events
- Map out a plan
- Ask for help
Need Extra Income? Here Are 20 Ways…
When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water. ~ Benjamin Franklin
Self care is important. It has become more common these days as the thrust to lessen the Notable stress in our daily lives Meanders. Suddenly, it becomes important when the daring effects plunge in.
Here are 17 activities you can engage (even in small spurts), to take care of you.
- Go to the beach
- Make a daily self-care plan
- Go for a bike ride
- Go to the movies
- Go to church
- Go swimming
- Paint your nails
- Jump in puddles
- Eat a meal you enjoy
- Breathe deeply
- Wrap-up in a blanket
- Sleep in
Does any resonate? Are there more you can add? Do share.
Giving Thanks in Fact with a Grateful Heart.
Followers, You Rock!
If you find that you are the smartest one in the group that you hang with, you need to find a new group. In order to grow, you need to develop. Staying in your comfort zone won’t help. Branch out. Reach for higher heights.