It’s mid-year! Look back to move ahead. People are using these words to describe the progress to achieve…
Great, busy, progress, metamorphosis, building, awkward, empowerment, lonely, rollercoaster, transcendent, halfway, building, empowered, successful, blessed, winning, growing, fantastic, brilliant, succeeding, harvest, evolutionary, learning, transitioning, growth, better, momentum, rising, immense, challenged, hell, mediocre, bullshit, boring, tragic, spectacular, ready-set-g.., new, conscious, breakthrough, game-changing, progression, different, change, unbelievable, fortunate, focused, expansion, lit, turbulent, amazing, lies, shock, good, Detonate.
Looking Back to Move Ahead
It’s mid-year! Look back to move ahead. People are using these words to describe the progress to achieve their goals. Take some time to reflect on whether any Radiate or resonate with your own progress? Any missing? Trace it. Add it!
Passion: A strong and barely controllable Emotion
Life is beautiful! But even more when you know your passion. A confused Alex asked a group of coaches how he could discover what he was passionate about. Intrigued, coaches jumped at the question to Infuse their perspectives, and encouraged him to:
- Get in touch with your desire
- What do you really want to do?
- What would you do if you had a year off?
- Go back to your childhood and think what you were doing in your free time, games you liked to play
- What is it like for you to not know
- What is something that someone did for you that you enjoyed and had fun doing, receiving, and participating in
- Know your life purpose
- The fact that you have a life purpose means that you have a blank canvas and can create whatever you want
- It’s in your life journey. It looks different for everyone. Explore working with a coach. See who clicks with you
- Do an assessment
- Sit still with a paper in front of you. Sometimes you need to analyse what’s working and what’s not working in your life
- What’s your life goal? Has it changed?
It’s always great to take a step back at different times in life to reflect. Ponder the questions above and see where it takes you. Enjoy the ride.
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation.
It’s a story of humility, bravery, admiration, fear, teamwork, leadership, and most of all calm in the midst of tragic…
Who would have thought a flock of birds would create such havoc? Yes indeed. Though extremely rare as one in a billion, it happens. The movie Sully shared the real life story of the pilot whose quick decision saved passengers on an aircraft he was flying. He landed in the Hudson River, and Miraculously saved over 150 lives. It’s a story of humility, bravery, admiration, fear, teamwork, leadership, and most of all calm in the midst of tragic circumstances. Doesn’t this story inspire you?
Who Inspires You?
Brian Tracy asked his audience “Who inspires you?” Many responded giving answers such as God, family including mom, dad, spouse, as well as leaders like Brian Tracy, Oprah, John Maxwell, mentor, teacher, coach, political leaders, and more. But surprisingly, one response stood out when a male said that he was not inspired by anyone or anything. Bewildered? Should this be reason for alarm? Do human beings need to be inspired? What happens if we are not inspired? Even more, can we survive without inspiration?
Inspiration is the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially something creative.
Inspiration is described as being mentally stimulated to do something. If we are not inspired, chances are we will become stuck, de-motivated, lethargic, and life may become meaningless. It’s like there’s no Reprieve. So here are a number of things to do to keep those motivation levels high, as well as arouse your critical thinking skills.
17 Ways to Become Inspired
- Listen to Music
- Watch animals or children play outdoors
- Enjoy nature. Go to the beach. Watch the waves
- Travel someplace you have never been
- Tune-in to motivational speakers such as those on the increasingly popular Ted Talk
- Listen or Read about others who have overcome adversity
- Try something new that you have always wanted to do but were afraid
- Create a vision board
- Consider the challenges you’re facing. Identify solutions
- Ask people what they are grateful for, and reflect personally
- Join an organization of people making a difference in the world
- Read an autobiography
- Disconnect and write in a journal
- Get a hobby. Express yourself creatively e.g. sculpting, or playing an instrument
- Let go of something
- Take pictures outdoors. Breathe.
- Reflect on what you have learned/accomplished and how it has helped you make a positive difference in the life of others
There you have it. Adopt one, two, three, or more and become inspired!
feel the fear but do it anyway! Damon Johns, Business Executive of Shark Tank asked the question: “if you had a piece of advice for someone just starting out, what would it be?” People all over boldly shared…
Derrick has been frustrated in his job as manager of operations. He has been at it for years but his job has lost its zeal. He could apply for the Branch Manager’s position but he wasn’t sure he had what it takes to manage the responsibilities. Besides, he has been thinking about following his passion for design and wants to launch out into his own business. But the sense of Qualm he feels has put him in a state of inertia. He has been afraid that he might fail.
Many are the dreams of people like Derrick. The fear is real but like I’ve always said…feel the fear but do it anyway! Damon Johns, Business Executive of Shark Tank asked the question: “if you had a piece of advice for someone just starting out, what would it be?” People all over boldly shared their views. Because Collaboration is key, I’ve compiled a list extracted from their direct responses. Choose one, two or a few, and apply as you like.
Advice for New Entrepreneurs
- Cashflow is king. Make sure you’ve got cash in the bank to ensure you’re covered for not pulling a wage in the early days
- Work on yourself to know what you’re doing very well. Be persistent and consistent.
- Document every step of your journey, no matter how trivial you think it may be. The data you think is not important today, may prove to be invaluable tomorrow.
- Money talks.
- All progress not saved will be lost.
- Always find reasons and new motivations to keep going at it.
- If you hang around 9 people that are ‘broke’, chances are…you’re going to be number 10.
- Its rough… I mean really rough. Stick to it and take the bumps in stride.
- Do something you love so you never work a day in your life.
- Doing what you love and are great at-is the easy part. Mind the business with equal effort or you’re doomed. Marketing, networking etc. and don’t ever forget … never play it safe. Take risks, and go after it.
- Work hard. Focus and be unreasonable. This is what creates discipline and growth.
- Don’t get so busy that you forget to say your prayers.
- Value yourself, believe in you when no one else will. Right before you quit, try one more time with a different plan of action. Always be true to yourself and others. Make time for fun, not all work.
- It’s not going to be easy but know that with paitence and persistence it will happen. Be around the people going in the same direction that you want to go.
- Never give up. Fight for your dreams.
- Just be yourself. Don’t try to do what everyone else is doing just because everyone esle is doing it. The business model that works for others might not work for you. Being an entrpreneur is your chance to do it just the way you want to!
- To work at it every waking hour.
- Say the phrase…finish it.
- Believe in yourself and take risks.
- Best advice I learned from running my company is it’s ok to be a bitch sometimes. Clients and customers will treat you with respect sometimes. Other times they run all over you taking advantage of your kindness. Balance is key. Ya gotta know when to put your foot down and look people in the eye with “that look” and speak your true mind instead of putting on the “professional front” through their bullshit.
- Stay laser focused on the goal even if your strategy isn’t perfect yet. Make progress daily.
- Keep going.
- To start.
- Find someone that has something you want. Do what they do and you will get what they got.
- Start …like the end doesn’t matter.
- A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.
So that’s the list. Different opinions but great diversity. Are there a few that resonates with you? Anything missing that you could add? Take a look again and if you’re still busy dreaming…start doing today!
Need help? Let’s connect!
Follow me on instagram for daily motivation.
Panicked? Don’t. Just Write.
Often your Manager values your input so much that they don’t want to lose you. So they smother you with challenging tasks, praises, and more but fail to allow you to move.
Company won’t promote you? Get out of the shadows! Promote yourself! You’ve been toiling at your job for many years. Your reviews have been excellent! Your managers sing your praises! They value you!
But None of that can free your mind. You still haven’t received that promotion. Don’t be alarmed. Many times this has nothing to do with you. Often your Manager values your input so much that they don’t want to lose you. So they smother you with challenging tasks, praises, and more but fail to allow you to move.
It’s Time! Break that Barrier!
Show them what you’re made of. Take Control. Stop being taken advantage of. Bruce Kasanoff tells all. Here are 13 ways for ambitious careerists and new entrepreneurs:
13 Ways to Promote Yourself
- Self promote – offer to do work that shows your knowledge throughout/across the wider business
- Help others as you promote yourself.
- Speak with energy. Show your passion.
- Serve, don’t sell. Your action says it all.
- Become a reliable source of good information
- Don’t be shy! Share your achievements.
- Spend time with people of like mind. For example, if you are ambitious …spend time with ambitious people.
- Seek new and valuable experiences.
- Never stop learning.
- Never stop growing.
- Exceed Promises.
- Get in front of people. Don’t hide behind emails or phone.
- Be persistent. Aim High. Eventually, you will achieve.
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation
Sometimes you win, sometimes you Yarn…more popular sometimes you lose. Sometimes you fail. Many examples exist of well known leaders who tried, failed and eventually succeeded including the likes of J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, Oprah, Steve Jobs, Einstein and many others.
So whatever you do, keep going. Don’t give up.
Steve heard that his company had been sold. What should he do? Wait forever expecting that call? Get sick because of the impending job loss? He, like so many others, remained stuck, steadfast, unmoveable…waiting.
Need a change? What do you do? Getting married, what do you do? When you have an exam, what do you do? When a storm watch is on what do you do? When a mother is expecting, what does she do?
The above are Avid life situations that are common to us. So what do we do when these situations draw near? It’s simple…we prepare, we act. It’s no different when other unfamiliar situations approach.
Steve heard rumors that his company had been sold. 60 percent of the employees would be integrated into the new company. Unfortunately, he was not contacted by the new management so it was highly unlikely that he would go with them. In that situation what should he do? Wait forever expecting that call? Get sick because of the impending job loss? He, like so many others, remained stuck, steadfast, unmoveable…waiting.
5 Signs of Being Stuck
- You remain focused on the past.
- Even if you want change, you feel safer doing the same things over and over again.
- You avoid talking to people fearing that they will ask you how things are going
- You have nothing to look forward to.
- What is the point? What am I doing with my life? are questions you often ask yourself.
7 Things To Do When Stuck
- Do something! Step out! Complete that application! Try something new!
- Plan an escape rather than daydream about different scenarios. Go on a trip to relax and reboot your thoughts.
- Switch up your daily activities.
- Don’t envy and compare yourself to others.
- Do one positive thing for yourself today.
- If you want to change your life, Pray. Change your environment.
- Find a mentor or coach. Ask for help
Today, Zip it up! Be Brilliant. Just do something. Don’t leave your future in the hands of someone else. It’s Your life. Make it count.
For help let’s connect
Follow me on instagram for Daily Motivation
John Maxwell speaks about the 3 kinds of people when it comes to directions in life. People who Don’t Know…
Melanie is at a crossroads in life. She graduated college, got a job and has been working ‘just because‘.
David has worked as a senior manager for over 10 years but over the past 3 years he has been dreaming of more. His sense of purpose has been lost. He feels he is drifting.
It’s been 4 years since Carol lost her job due to restructuring. Since then she has worked odd jobs, has big dreams but through fear hesitates to take the step to accomplish her goals.
Mark dreamed of his passion. Took the steps to achieve and now enjoys the benefits of his entrepreneurial ventures. Still he seeks more ways to learn, develop his skills, and grow.
We have all been there. Life’s crossroads beckons times of reflection pushing us to search deep within our souls to find out if there’s more to life. We ponder about the next step. Where should we go? What should we do? How should we do it? or should we do it at all. John Maxwell speaks about the 3 kinds of people when it comes to Viable directions in life. These are:
3 Kinds of People in Pursuit of Goals
1.People Who Don’t Know what they would like to do.
These people are confused. They dabble, drift, with no sense of direction. If they grow, it is without focus.
2. People who Know what they would like to do but Don’t do it
These people are frustrated. They worry, they fear. They want to step out but are afraid they won’t be able to take care of their responsibilities. Sometimes they are not willing to pay the price to learn, grow, and move closer to their dream. Sadly, these people also miss out on reaching their potential.
3. People who know what they would like to do and do it.
These people are fulfilled. They possess a strong sense of passion, they achieve their purpose, they grow, they learn, they develop. As they strive for more we Chuckle thinking they are perfect but they know better as they seek continuous development.
You may also like What Does Success Mean to you?
Look back on the list, which type resonates with you? Consider. Reflect. Share. Puzzled and need help? Let’s connect.