Spending time alone is one of my absolute pleasures. I’m sure I’m not alone. You may also like to do that as well. I had some planning to do and decided on a whim to jump into my car and drive to the beach. A few hours later, I had mapped out plans for my top goals for the rest of the year! yea! I left feeling totally satisfied to get things done! What seemed like an Irrelevant exercise turned out to be quite productive, in a serene atmosphere.
Jo Chunyan shared a list of things do alone. I decided to pull my top 15 to share.
- Journal. Write up a list of things you would love to do. Declare your dreams and intentions or simply empty out all your thoughts into your notebook.
- Spend a day at a museum or art gallery
- Meditate – sit. Be still and devote time to listen to your spiritual thoughts. Breathe.
- Have dinner on your own in a nice restaurant – take time to really enjoy the food
- Go for a walk and enjoy breathing the fresh air
- See a film at a cinema on your own
- Rearrange your wardrobe and discover old clothes again.
- Donate old clothes, books and furniture. Make room for the new by clearing out the old.
- Go somewhere in the city where you have never been
- Give yourself a mini retreat weekend…eat healthy food, go for a massage, spoil yourself and really relax!
- Sip a cup of tea and look out the window
- Be Athletic. Go for a jog or walk on the beach. Breathe in the salty sea breeze and watch the waves lick the shore.
- Study. Sign up for an online course in any topic you have an interest in and learn something new
- Take a photo to depict each hour of your day
- Travel on your own. Learn something new about yourself.
Can you add any? Do share!
a thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.
At the start of the week I decided to do a webinar on Goal Setting. Then Hurricane Irma blew in. Evacuations, preparations, and plans to survive stepped in. To Disobey would attract serious consequences from authorities. After the hurricane passed, recovery, and rebuilding efforts were initiated in the midst of loss of electrical power, downed trees, devastations, and more. While giving thanks for life, I began feeling frustrated. My goals for the week had gone awry.
Well that’s natural disaster which does not happen very often. But what about those other times when we face distractions? We get angry, annoyed, depressed. But that doesn’t help. They may ‘comfort’ and provide a semblance of excuses, but they are no help. Here are 13 ways entrepreneurs responded on how to avoid distractions from Goal Achievement, and how to remain productive.
- Keep your eye on the goal, and realize that entertaining the distractions keep you away from the finish line
- Priorities and lists
- Do all the hard stuff first in the day
- Tune out distractions
- Get motivation from mentors
- Hunger for success helps keep focus
- Get up and do the work. Whether others do their part or not
- Being still
- Saying No to things that distract, and Yes to Focus
- Develop a routine
- Mastermind groups
- Write goals and today list. Then visualize what I want to achieve. Stay positive and grateful
- Give in because it’s a challenge. Then work extra hours to make up
What about you? How do you avoid distractions? Do share…, we would love to hear. Need help? A mentor or coach can guide you. Let’s connect.
There is Nothing Quite So Useless as Doing with Great Efficiency Something that Should Not be Done at all.
TV Presenter, Author, and Coach, Andrew Eggelton did a video titled “nothing“. It intrigued. I thought he was kidding around but a week later I decided to watch…to see, to hear what the heck he was talking about. What is nothing?
Interestingly, he shared how he asked his staff what they were working on and they quickly (yet smartly) replied “we’re busy“. But he quietly observed to himself that it looked like a bag of ‘nothing‘ to him.
How many of us scurry around doing this or that in our daily lives? We are busy doing the mundane; the routine; the things we think are important for perception…for others looking on to see. We rush to jobs we hate. We take the kids to extracurricular activities to keep up with the Joneses. We get ready for dates with the ‘ideal’ partner that look right to others but deep down goes against our inner desires. We scamper to buy ‘stuff’ to Inhabit houses that detract from the nurturing ambience required to make it a home. Not to mention spending thousands of dollars on education that Dignify onlookers, while failing to pursue the careers post graduation. It all boils down to nothing.
But why do we do it? To look good? Makes little sense.
Nothing means having no prospect of progress, or value. Renowned Management theorist Peter Drucker, shared that there is nothing quite so useless as doing with Great Efficiency, something that should Not be done at all. Yet how many of us spend our time doing just that. Doing something so efficiently that should not have been done in the first place. Nothing compares to value.
Today, I implore you to Change your nothing. Start focusing on something. Everything you do should be aimed at achieving your goals, dreams, and aspirations. Doing the things that are meaningful to your life. The things that you have always wanted to do. So let your nothing be something today.
Need help? Reserve your seat at 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat now.
Grab a Friend and Plan to attend Goal Setting Retreat in Las Vegas! This retreat is for you if you are a New Entrepreneur…
Grab a friend, Pack your bags and plan to attend 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat at the Beautiful and Serene South Seas Resort on Captiva Island! November 3rd!
As a vivacious Memorized planner, how many times have you sat alone at home or at the office and decided that you are going to do this or that for the coming year? No doubt many times! But statistics reveal that over 80% of individuals fall short of their plans within 2 months of the New Year. Then frustrations set in later when you look back and realize that you haven’t done a Jiffy thing towards accomplishing your goal.
Here’s where we come in. Grab a Friend and Plan to attend 2018 Goal Setting Retreat in Captiva Island, Florida! This retreat is for you if you are a New Entrepreneur, or Mid-Career Individual who wish to jump start your 2018 goals!
Expected Delivery Outcome include:
- Visioning | Planning | Finding Your Why
- Identifying your Top 3 Key Goals
- Creating Concrete Steps to Achieve
- Strategies to Keep Your Plans on Target
- Connect! Connect! Connect with like-minded Professionals
- A chance to relax and rejuvenate in a different and fun environment
Experience Your facilitator will be headed by Dr. Shelly Cameron, Organizational Leadership Specialist, Author and Coach, who has over 15 years planning Leadership Retreats to devise and concretize Goals and strategies to achieve.
Material: All working documents will be provided at no extra cost
Food: Breakfast and Lunch will be provided on the 3rd November
Relaxation: You will be able to reserve Excursion activity (your cost) on the 4th November
Hotel: Discounted rate are available at the South Seas Island Resort. Registration for the Event will be made by individual attendees directly with South Seas Island Resort Registrations.
Additional Notes – Recommended you arrive a day early (2nd Nov 2017) and be ready for an early morning start the next day.
For Additional information – Contact Email
Capture Early Bird Rates! Expires September 7th. – Reserve now
Life is full of Fears.
Fear of the Unknown. Fear of the Known. But I encourage you to Do it….whatever your ‘it’ is ….even when you’re afraid of “it’s” Delivery.