Oh the joy of publishing! But before, there are the challenges. If you’re a writer, no doubt you can Relate. Here I share a few succint Compass tales that writers tell about their perspective of the joys and challenges associated with writing.
The Challenges of Writing
- Finding the Time and space to write with Peace and Quiet in tuned
- The laments of writers Block
- Deciding what to write
- The importance of Quality writing output
- The pain of rejection
The Joy of Writing
- Most enjoyable feeling when published. Words such as elated, satisfied, accomplished were voiced
- If a physical book published, a feeling of Bliss when the first printed copy is received and held
- The Achievement of set goals
- The ability to make a difference in the lives of others
Advice to New Writers
More to come but in the interim, read more on the 9 Steps to writing. Also write, just write .
Let the New Year find you with a new resolve to write, just write.
Never Silent the Silence. No… Never Do That.
Instead, Listen. It’s full of Answers.
Here are a few Quotes of Silence. Indeed a time to think. Reflect. Review. Choose one. Be inspired.
What do we do in a crisis? When things change within a minute….when there is little or no warning? That’s when Leaders jump in. They take control. Does it matter if they wear the leadership hat? No, it doesn’t. That’s when Quiet Leaders step up; they jump into action.
So what does being a leader have to do with you?
You may say, I am not a leader so this does not pertain to me. But reflect on your life. Are you a parent? Do you have responsibilities on the job? Do you play sports? Are you a sibling? Are you a part of an association, club, church, or more? If you reflect on these, you will find that all these call for some form of leadership skills. At its inner core, we are responsible for leading our own self.
John Wooden’s memoir titled Lessons From a Legend revealed Wooden’s success as a person and as a coach. Lessons included:
- The stance that sports do not build character but reveal it
- Individuals must pay attention to details
- Individuals should be careful of complacency by being quick, but not hurrying
- Individuals should also act with integrity
- Individuals should build a foundation for success.
Wooden’s Pyramid of Success indicated that at the top of the pyramid was competitive greatness. On the levels leading up to it were key milestones such as loyalty, friendship, and team spirit. Winning or losing is a byproduct of individual preparation.
So are you Waiting on the formal leader to show your potential? Please don’t. Arise from Underground. Step up you Quiet Ones. Strive, take the lead. It’s in your potential.
Are you waiting to take the lead on your career but afraid? Let’s Connect
Life is not easy. Everything can be taken from a man but one thing – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances …
Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the Courage to Continue that Counts – Winston Churchill
Why do so many go to the grave with their dreams? They ponder, wish, pine-away, and never get started. Some who do start, often pause, and come to an abrupt stop when the hardships come their way.
It’s not easy. So here I share some public responses to Brian Tracey ‘s question “If you could achieve any goal you’ve been working towards, what would it be?”
- Becoming the second Turkish doctor with a Nobel Prize
- Close soon on our farm acquisition
- Develop my website
- Become a well-known author
- Be an investor
- Start launching online courses on selling and strategies for customer attraction, retention, and growth
- To be on the same stage with… (Brian Tracey)
- General Manager of the best chain hotel in the world
- Financial freedom. Working for myself
- Painting on children’s murals around the world
- Having a greater mind
- Dream home
- Being single
- Become rich
- The freedom to not worry about anything. No financial anxiety, no loneliness, no one who tells me what to do
- Finishing my Masters
- Becoming a Billionaire
- Professional + Passion is my goal
- A better paying job
- Improve others lives and making a living from doing so
- Famous singer/musician
- Complete what I started
Viktor Frankl in his book “Man’s Search for Meaning” shared his Theory of success, which states that everything can be taken from a man but one thing – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances – to choose one’s own way. Life is not easy. Achieving our dreams prove difficult and often brings defeat, sadness, aches, and pain. But if you fail, be encouraged…it’s not the end of the world. Pick yourself up, and go try again.
For those reluctant to even start. Ask yourself this simple question…What would you do if you knew you would not fail? Think about it. Now go do it.
Need help? Sign up for New Year, New You online workshop.
When the words won’t flow, we beat our head against the wall. Like a Gorged shadow, it defies. We mourn, cry, feel sad, down, and lack motivation. True for most of us. Sally Hogshead has a 21 tips series that she shares. She recently shared a piece entitled 21 Juicy Ideas for Fascinating Content. Of the 21, I found 13 personally inspiring that I intend to Saintly put into action. Here I’ll share:
- Start with information, then add insight
- Go on a rant
- Ask a provocative question
- Write about something for the first time. She calls it give First Dibs
- Give an unexpected gift
- Critique your own brand (or yourself)
- Educate people about a potential problem
- Ask for opinions
- Give a behind-the scenes glimpse (i.e. show us a new side of yourself so we understand who you are)
- Find the Good (spotlight customers, employees or the competition…yikes!)
- Identify our secret hopes (share that you understand what we aspire to become)
- Describe anything that fascinates you (share why)
- Dare us (your challenge us to take one step outside your comfort zone)
I find these content creation tips a thrill, and will try to follow those I have selected in creating my own content in the next few weeks. What about you? Anything sparks your interest?
Get out of your comfort zone. Do what you you have always wanted to do.
You can do and be anything you want to be
I Looked around and saw the need in society to encourage youths and ethnic minorities to go after and seek to do what they wanted to do. This quest took me on a journey… through a process of highs, and lows. Highlights include:
1. Giving up my well-paying job/career to accomplish my dream. Sometimes you have to give up the good to achieve the great.
2. Embarking on a Journey that dug deep into Leaders and how they achieved Success
3. Publishing my research in a book on Success Strategies and leadership
4. Publishing Workbook on Success and how you too can do it
5. Publishing a book with Motivational Quotes To Help you stick to your dream.
6. Publishing a documentary video to share with others
It’s humbling to see the impact this sacrifice has made in the lives of others. So as we approach the start of a New Year, if you find yourself wondering about your purpose; wondering about your future; wondering about how to get where you want to go, then do what I did…Just start. Find a mentor or coach, or speak with a trusted family member or friend.
So today, take the step to do what you want to do. Otherwise you’ll find yourself at the end of another year being stuck and never accomplishing anything.
Come on, just do it! Age is not an issue. If you need help, contact me now. Let’s get started on your own journey to success.
What’s stopping you?
That was the question asked. It’s fitting for those who are stuck. Those who have dreams, goals, and aspirations yet like a Nested Sludge, do nothing to progress towards achieving them.
Why do we hesitate? Why don’t we step out and do what needs to be done? What holds us back?
Here I share some of the responses from individuals to the question posed.
- Fear …period
- Not believing in myself
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of the What if’s
- Judgment of others
- Not knowing where to start and not having the means
- Lack of money
- Fear of failure and having possible regrets
- Selecting career
- Being disappointed
- Possible rejection
- Double faced people
- Lack of confidence and confused
- Pain and fear
- Losing people who I love
- Interacting with people
- Daily conflicts with people but they are not stopping me just standing in my way
- Self doubt
- Lacking purpose
- Over-thinking, over panning and procrastination
- Afraid of others opinion
- My past
- Uncommitted to my decisions
- Fear of future
- Fear of Success
- Lack of Motivation
- Fear of Change
- Afraid of standing out
- Fear of being ridiculed
- I need to believe in myself
It seems fear, and pleasing others top the list of what’s stopping most people from doing what they want to do.
How about you? Does any of the above resonate with you? Do share.