Stress is something we all strive to rid our lives of. But often we find what seems like a ‘stress to de-stress‘. We feel Caked, trapped, unhappy with our decision. But don’t stress it. Take baby steps. That’s where most of us fall short. In our microwave society, we want to achieve our goals, dreams and aspirations at the press of a button. Doing so is certain grounds for stress.
Here are 10 ways to reduce stress provided by the University of Illinois. Adopt one, two, or a few. It will be worth it to accept what we cannot change, get organized, laugh at ourselves, and leave time for the unexpected!
Cheers to de-stress!
That moment when you realize that “‘ahh yessss, I have done it!”
Total eclipse of the…. When we hear this phrase we often think of the heart, or the moon’s eclipse of the earth. That’s natural. But I’d like to think of eclipse as the collusion of goals, dreams, and aspirations with final achievement. That moment when you realize that “‘ahh yessss, I have done it!”So satisfying.
The photograph depicts the dream of photographer Colleen Pinski who travelled hundreds of miles from her home in Colorado to capture this dream picture. Her eclipse moment indeed.
When was your last Eclipse?
How easy it is to be totally wrong about people. But for me, I shiver just thinking how totally wrong I can be about reaching my goal.
I am tired. I am tired of trying very hard to reach my goals. I’m tired of wanting things that seem to move further away the closer I get. Now at times I am even afraid. I am afraid of doing the things that I need to do. I Shiver at the very thought of rolling up my sleeves to get ready to work, to get things done. It is then that I shiver! I shiver! I shiver!
But even as I shiver – I will not give up. Lauren Oliver said she shivers just thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people. But for me, I shiver just thinking how totally wrong I can be about reaching my goal.
But I will keep trying. In the midst of my fears, my doubts, my exhaustion; I will not give up. My goals, my dreams and my aspirations are right in front of me. And as I look at it closely… as I dream of it… I am assured that I will face the light at the end of the tunnel. I know one day it will be real. I shiver but I will not stop. I let will achieve.
These thoughts are common among entrepreneurs, career enthusiasts, and goal seekers. Today, find comfort in knowing that your labor will not be in vain. Keep striving even when you are afraid. Reach out for help if you need it but whatever you do, don’t give up.
Rome was not built in a day. Neither is your business. Success is as a result of hard work dedication, and persistence. Being seen as an Expert can go a long way in leveraging your business for success.
So how can you establish yourself as an expert? For the purpose of today’s prompt, I decided to share Female Entrepreneur’s three tips on how to become an expert in your field. Naturally, these are not all inclusive but is a solid foundation to begin. They serve as a starting point for you to establish yourself and your business as an expert in your field.
1. Get your name in the media
2. Pursue Speaking Engagements
3. Build Strategic Alliances
Mistakes are opportunities to learn. Move on.
Error, blunder, fault, inaccuracy, omission, miscalculation, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, oversight. Whatever you call it. Mistakes are opportunities to learn.
It’s my BIRTHDAY but you get the Present!!
Get your FREE Kindle copy of my book Success Strategies of Caribbean American Leaders in the United States. Learn Why Some Individuals Succeed While Others Don’t. It’s the result of a Phenomenological Study with Nova Southeastern University.
If you are a hard copy Reader, contact me to receive your FREE autographed copy TODAY ONLY August 26, 2016, while stocks last (just pay shipping).
Thanks for sharing this special day with me!
do what YOU want to do. Not what someone else wants you to do. If you go against your inner desires, it will create internal havoc in the long run
Look around you. It’s Obvious, people live in a state of ‘I wish‘. I wish things were different, then I would do this, or that…they often say. At birthday parties we blow out the candles and make a wish. But what is often overlooked is the fact that our private Interior wishes can come through! Oftentimes, we are our own inhibitors. If only we would act. Act on our desires and our wishes, then our dreams would come through. Last year, one athlete at the Rio games shared a goal that he had written in his high school Year book years before. It said simply…”my goal…to become a world-class athlete“; and he did.
We can do it too. All we need to do is act. We are not all able to do it on our own and that’s when it’s wise to seek the help of a coach. Someone who has your interest at heart. Someone who will be available to lead and guide you to take the right steps and make the right decisions. Here are 3 common Questions people who need a coach ask.
1) I hate my job! How can I break free and have the courage to follow my passion?
- Don’t walk away… Stay in your job if it pays the bills. You need that security.
- Create a plan, be patient, and wait.The time will come when you can walk away.
- Trust the process. Know that with the right daily actions you are one step closer to doing what you love
- Most important – Don’t give up. You are where you need to be right now
2) I get excited about starting something new! But then I give up. How do I make myself follow through?
- First of all, do what YOU want to do. Not what someone else wants you to do. If you go against your inner desires, it will create internal havoc in the long run
- Reflect on why you began in the first place
- Sometimes it seems too hard to achieve, or takes too long. Stick to it because it will be worth it
- Take small steps. Do at least one thing each day towards your goal. Your future self will thank you
3) How do I find my passion when I don’t feel any?
- When we don’t know what the future holds, naturally we get anxious. Anxiety is tied to the unknown. It restricts you and prevents you from finding your passion
- Be open to learning more about yourself. It’s one of the most important things you can ever do
- Allow yourself to enjoy the journey and be satisfied with your progress
- Everything will fall into place at the right time