Stress is something we all strive to rid our lives of. But often we find what seems like a ‘stress to de-stress‘. We feel Caked, trapped, unhappy with our decision. But don’t stress it. Take baby steps. That’s where most of us fall short. In our microwave society, we want to achieve our goals, dreams and aspirations at the press of a button. Doing so is certain grounds for stress.
Here are 10 ways to reduce stress provided by the University of Illinois. Adopt one, two, or a few. It will be worth it to accept what we cannot change, get organized, laugh at ourselves, and leave time for the unexpected!
Cheers to de-stress!
Mistakes are opportunities to learn. Move on.
Error, blunder, fault, inaccuracy, omission, miscalculation, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, oversight. Whatever you call it. Mistakes are opportunities to learn.
do what YOU want to do. Not what someone else wants you to do. If you go against your inner desires, it will create internal havoc in the long run
Look around you. It’s Obvious, people live in a state of ‘I wish‘. I wish things were different, then I would do this, or that…they often say. At birthday parties we blow out the candles and make a wish. But what is often overlooked is the fact that our private Interior wishes can come through! Oftentimes, we are our own inhibitors. If only we would act. Act on our desires and our wishes, then our dreams would come through. Last year, one athlete at the Rio games shared a goal that he had written in his high school Year book years before. It said simply…”my goal…to become a world-class athlete“; and he did.
We can do it too. All we need to do is act. We are not all able to do it on our own and that’s when it’s wise to seek the help of a coach. Someone who has your interest at heart. Someone who will be available to lead and guide you to take the right steps and make the right decisions. Here are 3 common Questions people who need a coach ask.
1) I hate my job! How can I break free and have the courage to follow my passion?
- Don’t walk away… Stay in your job if it pays the bills. You need that security.
- Create a plan, be patient, and wait.The time will come when you can walk away.
- Trust the process. Know that with the right daily actions you are one step closer to doing what you love
- Most important – Don’t give up. You are where you need to be right now
2) I get excited about starting something new! But then I give up. How do I make myself follow through?
- First of all, do what YOU want to do. Not what someone else wants you to do. If you go against your inner desires, it will create internal havoc in the long run
- Reflect on why you began in the first place
- Sometimes it seems too hard to achieve, or takes too long. Stick to it because it will be worth it
- Take small steps. Do at least one thing each day towards your goal. Your future self will thank you
3) How do I find my passion when I don’t feel any?
- When we don’t know what the future holds, naturally we get anxious. Anxiety is tied to the unknown. It restricts you and prevents you from finding your passion
- Be open to learning more about yourself. It’s one of the most important things you can ever do
- Allow yourself to enjoy the journey and be satisfied with your progress
- Everything will fall into place at the right time
Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. But most important of all is to be yourself. That’s when you win, and nobody can take it from you!
Cheers to new Learning!
Fifty? I thought about it. How could I approach this prompt? And nothing is more becoming than setting goals….literally.
Fiftyas a number means a lot. To achieve so many years of togetherness, society awards it with Gold! Athletes too after all their hard work, commitment and dedication, they achieve Gold and are satisfied.
So make today your goal to reach out, to touch the gold. No matter how you take it, it’s no easy feat. Success is not for the easy and hardly ever comes to the lazy.
So keep striving for the big Fifty! Achieve that gold! It will all be worth it.
It starts with A Dream. When I was growing up I participated in sports. I’m no Usain Bolt but I could always sprint. I ran for my elementary, middle and high schools. I even ran in business athletic competitions. Not only did I participate, but I also won. I won because I had a goal to win for my team. The challenge was beyond that point I did not excel because I had no dream. My goal was simply to do the best for my team, help them win, and after that…nothing. I did not have a dream.
Dreams propel us. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. Though he did not live to see it come through, great strides have been made towards his dream becoming a reality. Estée Lauder had a dream. She created a perfume with a magical scent. She knew she had to get it into the hands of consumers. But that was hard to do because in those days marketing to department stores was difficult. Estée Lauder came up with a brilliant idea. She ‘accidentally’ spilt a bottle of expensive perfume in a department store. Customers smelt it; liked it; and demanded it. The rest is history. Today her perfume is a household name.
So yes, it starts with a dream. What’s your dream today? Is it career, job, home ownership, relationship, business development, or more? Whatever it is… start it today. Here are 3 tips to get you going.
DREAM: 3 Steps to get you going…
1. Envision Your Future
In 3-5 years or even longer (yikes!) where do you see yourself? If you had all the resources in the world what would you like to see yourself doing?
2. Pause and Reflect
Reflect on the things you are doing now. Are they propelling you to accomplish your goals?
3. Now Go Do it
Now that you know your dream, work backwards. What are the steps you need to put in place today to get to your desired goal? Let’s say it’s for education. Have you registered for that program? If home-ownership, are you saving? If business, is it in line with your passion? If relationship, are your Eyes open? Are you looking, or playing hard to get? Whatever you are doing, make the move to get one step closer today.
Remember, it starts with a Dream! Take action today.
Cheers to your success!